Tuesday, October 11, 2011

ALTERED TEA BOX

My pictures never come out in the order I want them. This is the end view of the tea box. I used an image from the graphic fairy, she has many and shares freely.
This is the finished box. I covered the box with paper first, I cut some flowers out of fabric glued them on ,then added vintage lace, ribbon and the images from Graphic Fairy. I stamped the Eiffle tower and glued it on, added vintage buttons, made singed flowers to finish it, I glued the singed flowers over the fabric flowers I cut out and glued on, this was for dimension,, and it looked much better than the flat fabric flowers.
The original box ( this is really good tea BTW). The reason I came up with this is that everyone is doing match boxes and I thought a box is a box, so why not do a tea box and alter it and make it pretty and fill it with goodies and send it to a friend, or swap with a friend.
Another end view I used dupioni silk on this end and stamped French words, you can see the singed flowers better in this pic. TTFN

9 comments:

debi said...

Wanda, your altered box is beautiful! What a wonderful idea!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

This is beautiful Wanda!

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

that is fabulous...

Julia said...

Wanda, this tea box is stunning! I love that deep purple with the baby blue. Great eye you have.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Wanda,
So nice to visit you tonight. I just love your embellished tea box creations. So pretty with all the great details that you used. You are so talented and I am still enjoying all the pretties you sent me over a year ago in our summer roses swap. Thank you so much.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend and happy creating always.
Thank you also for stopping by and your kind comment. It was great to see you.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Zuzu's Blog said...

Very pretty vintage box. thank you for joining in at Alter it Monthly.
Z x

Elly said...

What a beautiful transformation.

Rika said...

Wonderful!

Patricia's Paper Crafts said...

Lovely vintage tea box you put your heart into your work. Great photos taken of the before and finish product.