Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Altered journal blue and yellow

Here it is my latest art journal. This one features yellow and blue as the accent colors, on a tea stained back ground of a collage of vintage linens. I made the flowers, the large ones are in the singed fabric style, and the small ones are made from organdy ribbon. I used lots of lace and did some embroidery on the cover.
Sheet music was used for some pages, also pages from vintage magazines, clip art from the Graphic Fairy, ledger paper, tags, lace and stamping were used to decorate and make the pages.


The inside cover and the first page, I used wall paper to make the half page and stamped a saying and butterfly's for a tag. For the medallion I layered circles and finished them off with a button. On the inside page the Carte Postale was stamped on dupoini silk, and the ribbon and trim are also silk.


Some of the inside pages, with tags made from decoupaged napkins,The pocket the tags are in is from some material I found with wonderful writing on it. You can see more of this in my ETSY shop.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosesinwinter

6 comments:

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

that is stunning!
hugs

Unknown said...

Hi! So glad you came to the ECS Cottage Colors Party. You post is beautiful! Love the color combo.

April D said...

It's beautiful. I admire your putting so much detail in the pages! The cover is especially lovely.
I am in love with the roses in your header. WOW!
Here from ECS party.
~april

Unknown said...

Love the colors with Aqua Wanda, beautiful journal created by a beautiful person. Hugs my friend. Have a great week! Marilou

debi said...

I love your journal Wanda. It's so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Very glamourous! Gorgeous!
Visiting from the Cottage Colors Party today at ECS blog :)

Roselle