Friday, October 21, 2011

Altered bottle from swap kit

My flicker art group had a altered bottle kit swap, we made kits to decorated a bottle and then swapped with out partners there was no bottle included in the kit. Marie was my partner and this is the bottle I made from some of what she sent, she was so generous I could have altered a dozen bottles.
The cameo was a button, I cut the shank off and used it for the focal point. I had several kinds of lace to choose from and used 2 of them for the back ground. The little roses were on ribbon, I cut them off, and used a different piece of the lace to make the tiny rosettes and glued a rose to it.
Here is a full view of the bottle, you can see the beautiful gimp used at the middle and bottom of the bottle, as well as the feathers. About the feathers, they are from Marie's peacocks and these are rare as the bird doesn't shed them, so we are left to guess as to how Marie got them :) The Green Berry crowning the bottle was made from some of the French wired ribbon she sent. The ruffle it is sitting on was made from the selvage of one of the laces.
A close up of the focal area of the bottle, you can see the lace rosettes, I did add the crystal to the center of 2 of the rosettes from my own stash but that is all. She also sent some bead trim and I glued that around the cameo. The bottle is PINK it was a sake bottle the sake was horrible tasting but the bottle is a pretty PINK. If you would like to check out our flicker art group here is the link. TTFN
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1698630@N20/

0 comments: