Monday, July 13, 2009

PaperShoes Marie Antionette style

Don't you want shoes like this, only real. I know I do. This is my interpretation of the darling paper shoes in the new Marie magazine by Somerset Studio. You can find them on pages 10 to 13, there is also instructions for making your own as I did here. This is the biggest shoe it is about 9" from heel to toe, and aren't those square toes just too cute?
I made the paper bow from vintage sheet music, and cut the fancy M with my Cricut machine, added the crepe paper ruffle and a bit of lace.
I wanted to try different sizes so this one is smaller 8" from heel to toe. I used organdy ribbon for the bows, and a seam binding flower with a bead center and some sheet music for trims. On the heel I cut out the mini rose from some older wall paper and covered it with transparent glitter for some extra sparkle.




This little guy is the baby, 7" long. I used crepe paper that I pleated and gathered, some battenburg lace, and other vintage laces. The crown effect is again cut on my Circut machine. These were such fun to make and quite easy too once you got the hang of it. I think they would be so pretty added to a package, You could fix them so you could hang them, and on and on. Get the Magazine and give them a try. BTW the whole magazine is beautiful. TTFN

6 comments:

Pink Princess said...

SWEET!!!! I can't get the magazine here, so do you know a link to the pattern, pretty please?????

Cindy Shea The Vintage Vignette said...

These are just darling! I also got the "Marie" publication and was inspired to create a shoe. I added an extra step to the instructions by coating my entire shoe with beeswax and adding a lace backing to enclose the shoe. If you have the chance check it out at http://thevintagevignette.blogspot.com/ This publication was awesome!

Cindy Shea The Vintage Vignette said...

OOPS! Forgot to let you know that my shoe is a little more than halfway down the opening page of my blog! :)

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

These are really cute! Great job!
Hugs!

Cottage Rose said...

Oh how pretty and sweet those shoes are,, I can just see a lot of them hanging on a Christmas tree,, how pretty would that be... you did a wonderful job on making them..

Hugs;
Alaura

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Hello Wanda,Those shoes are so very cute,good job.The green pair is to die for.I will be starting the crown this weeked,A little late ,but i have been fighting a very bad ear infection in both ears.Got new meds for ithem yesterday ,but they are making me sick.But My plans for the crown.Hugs dear Marie Antionette