Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer Rose Swap 2010

Gorgeous, Right?? This beautiful box covered in hand painted roses is the beginning of the swap I entered with a lovely lady from Texas, we both belong to the same ning and that is how we became swap partners. The box is so beautiful but as you will see it was full of wonderful things. Where do you start, all the pink and roses and tea cups, and tiny treasures like the lavender sachet in the left tea cup. My initial with the lovely hand painted roses and trimmed with lace and the darling bird at the bottom.

Below is a close up of the W and the birdie, and the cutest basket ever, it is full of wonderful tea bags. I love a touch of blue and the tiny tray with the roses is just the right touch. If you look close you can see a painted spoon in front of the basket, it is adorable.

The book is just too much, it is full of tea lore, and the 2 tea cups, one for me and one for a friend, I wish Celeste could share it with me.



Just couldn't resist a close up of the tiny basket. I know it is just tooooo cute.


I must say this is the best swap of all and I have been in a few, Celeste is a talented painter and very generous, I am going to enjoy these lovely items for a long time. Thank you Celeste, it was a lovely experience and getting acquainted was such a pleasure. TTFN




3 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Wanda,
Oh you are so sweet. I truly enjoyed being your partner and creating just for you. It has been a joy to meet you and be in touch all through the swap.
I hope you enjoy your new treasures and I am so glad we share in a wonderful group such as ECS. It has been a lot of fun.
But not over yet, as I await my swap from you anyday. I am getting excited.
Thanks again for the pics. I am so bad about that before I box things up. LOL! Don't forget to post the pics in ECS via's Debi's email

See you soon.
Blessings and Hugs, Celestina Marie

Anonymous said...

Wanda I love your blog. You have a wonderful eye for decorating and you are awesomely talented. I love your bathroom. Clawfoot tubs are so cool and comfortable, I know as we had one in our old house. I enjoyed meeting you today. You are a really neat sister.
Sincerely,
Phyllis

Debbi said...

Wow Wanda, you received some very lovely things, everything Celeste creates is sooo gorgeous! Make sure you go over to the swap group discussion at ECS and post the pics there too, so the other members can see them....I started a new discussion just for pics:)