Sunday, October 11, 2009

Last of the Roses

I am so sad to say good bye to my roses. I may get a few more blooms but not the abundance of summer. This is Graham Thomas, it is a beautiful yellow rose that blooms thru out the summer into fall. I have 2 of the above Graham Thomas rose bushes.

Pink and delicate, I don't know what the name of this one is, it was in the orphan bin at the nursery. You buy it at a discount and take your chances as to what it will be. This one was a winner.

Rigours and constant, this rose blooms and blooms and blooms. It has hundreds at a time. I lost the name of it as all my name tags faded in the sun I think it is Reine something. I have several others but these are still going and I hope they will for a couple of weeks yet.
To all who love their roses, and I know few who don't I give you a quote " I would rather have roses in my garden than diamonds on my neck"Emma Godman, I am not sure about the last name, but that is exactly how I feel. TTFN


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely roses! I agree with your quote...give me roses not diamonds! Warm wishes, Esther

The Vintage Vignette said...

Oh boy do I know how you feel! It is time for me to say goodnight to my rose garden as well. I have some serious summer cleanup to do still though. You know how raggedy the bushes can look after a long hot summer if you live in Southern California like I do! I'll be reducing the height of all 40 bushes by a third and cleaning up around each one. I love your David Austin English rose too. I have several and they are fast becoming my favorites. :)

Sheila said...

What beautiful flower you will have to look forward to next year. Just know they are sleeping and going to be even more beautiful when they wake up in the spring..

Debbi said...

Wanda, I actually had a few roses in December last year before the big freeze hit us, I am sure you cant forget that one! I picked a bouquet of Mary Roses yesterday, hopefully maybe one more picking before they are gone....

judy said...

Your roses are beautiful. I would love to have a pot full of petals to make rose water, but ours are just about gone for the season, too.

I enjoyed my visit to your blog and would love for you to take part in the tea cup exchange...more information about that will be sent via email after the 15th.

Your tea house is darling!

Judy

debi said...

Your roses are soooo pretty! Love the colors!

Sheila said...

Wanda, i know the feeling of trying to get back to doing a lot of things.. lol.. Since our move, i have just been going in circles is seems.. Nice to see you type again too. Sheila

Rosy Inspiration said...

Your roses are beautiful, they'll have a rest in winter and bloom again for you in Spring.

Sue said...

I have been contemplating pre ordering some bare root English Roses for spring planting so I have my David Austin book of English Roses right here on my lap. The closest I could come to naming your gorgeous unnamed rose is 'Charles Rennie Mackintosh'. The discription says it is more lavender than your photo shows so not sure if this fills the bill or not.
Love, love, love your roses. I must admit though that I do love my diamonds as well as roses.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

thanks for the comment over at Pandora's Box...and it certainly is good that we can't please all the people all of the time because a whole bunch of happily pleased people might just make the world a bit too bright!! Love your pics of the roses, they are lovely

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Just stopping by to say hello and Happy Halloween.XXOO Marie Antionette

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Hi Wanda,I will be mailing the feathers out tomorrow.I have had no luck.The only thing I can tell you is do not use bleach on them,it turns them yellow.
I need to go,just stoped by to let you know.Hug and kisses Marie