Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tablescape Thursday

Presenting my first attempt at joining Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday which is hosted by Susan. So I hope I can get it right. This is my antique Ice cream table. I did this very quickly and late in the evening as you can see. I choose Cabbages and roses as my theme with a touch of green by way of another nature shape in the leaf bowl.

In this close up you can get a better view of the cabbage plate with the leaf bowl on it. I apologise for the dark shadows but the lighting is so poor in our house.

This picture shows the little cabbage bowl with the spoon it is so cute I just love it.


I was trying to get a close up of the sugar cubes but the sugar tongs are covering them up. They have frosting roses on them in pink with green leaves. If you click on the picture you can see them better in the close up. They are always a big hit at the tea partys.



You can almost see them here. Well that is my first attempt, I hope it is a success.
Enjoy.

22 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Very pretty. The rose plate is lovely...and the sugar tongs are great! Wonderful job!

Miss Janice said...

Well, you have created a beautiful table setting and your china is lovely! Congratulations, you did a fine job!

Wanda said...

Wow!! Such an awesome table! I wish I could make my tables look half as good as yours! I really enjoy your blog...it's timeless. And yes, you are allowed to be proud of your beautiful daughter!

Maisy said...

beautiful, darling, precious, pretty, breathaking....just plain perfect~

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Great job! Those plates and bowls and silver pices are all so lovely. SO pretty and eye catching. I just love it. I cannot wait to see what you do next week! So pretty!
Tell me, what kind of roses are those on your header? They are amazing!

Connie said...

Oooooohmygosh, I LOOOOOVE that plate, honey!! Most adorable tablescape, chickee.......
xoxo,
Connie

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on a verrrry charming tablesetting~~~ those sugar tongs look super-pretty, as well as the rose/pink plate! (Yummy in fact!)~~~ Thanks, Linda

Candy said...

Beautiful soft dishes. Lovely first time setting. See ya next week.
Blessings, Candy

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Beautiful..love the dishes! nicely done!

susan

Unknown said...

What a lovely table. Love the little details.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda! Yes, I think you've succeeded. Your table is very sweet and I love those dishes!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Chandy said...

So darling! I love the cabbage dish!

Cass @ That Old House said...

My dear, anything with ice cream is absolutely perfect!

And add in those perfect dishes and decor... lovely!
Cass

Keetha Broyles said...

I came from Leigh's Thrifty Thursday. I'm really curious about the rose platter in the background - - - that is so unique and pretty.

BTW - - - if you click on the pictures they will enlarge and then you can see the rose topped sugar cubes very well. They are adorable.

Tammy said...

This is very pretty! Did you do the sugar cubes? They're the perfect special touch.

ellen b. said...

Oh this is one of my favorite combinations pink and green. Your setting is just lovely...

Eclectic Chic Style said...

What a beautiful, unique tablescape, I love the rose plate!! (Oh and those sugarcubes!!) You have to share..where in the world did you find those? Thank you so much for visiting my blog and the sweet comments!!! I love your creations!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my Shabby Cottage. Enjoyed visiting your blog. Have a great weekend, Esther

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Lovely pinks.

Blesings,
Sandi

Tina Leavy said...

so very pretty! love it.

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

What a beautiful tablescape! I love all the "cabbages and roses"! =)

The Muse said...

Yes yes!!! A true and utter success indeed!!!